I went to a family gathering yesterday.
I met my cousin who I hadn't seen for a few years.
She works in England and came back to Poland to renew her passport.
I had fun a lot although the meeting lasted only three hours.
Then everyone went home.
Fortunately, I was in time to watch the final of men's 100 meters.
Usain Bolt proved that he is still the best sprinter on earth and set a new Olympic record of 9.63 secs.
I wonder how hard he had to train to run so quickly.
In my opinion if he had started the race a bit quicker, he might have set a new world record.
Poland didn't win any medals yesterday, which was not surprising at all.
They might win one today.
Polish sportsmen and sportswomen will take part in a few competitions, such as weightlifting, beach volleyball, and pole vault.
I hope they will get at least one medal today.
Now it's time to write twenty sentences using the words I learned today.
1. She candidly talked with her sister about her problems.
2. I collected four small seashells when I was at the sea.
3. You'd better not walk on the breakwater. It's not allowed according to that sign.
4. He tried to deal with the problem unobtrusively, but it was impossible.
5. She has a haircut every month.
6. How could you lie that their military inferiority was caused by Russia?.
7. A small village near the active volcano is on the brink of disaster.
8. Beer is mainly made from malt and hops.
9. He reimbursed her for the crash accident he had caused.
10. I can't conceive of them being obedient.
11. I hate one of my superiors. He's so annoying!
12. In parenthesis, making the plan was a pleasure for me.
13. How did living on earth look like two hundred years ago?
14. She is a cohabitee of him, Jane.
15. What medicine would be the best to get rid of calluses?
16. My mother has difficulty walking because of her corns.
17. Their ceaseless fight finally comes to an end.
18. Be careful with carrying the cups. They are very fragile.
19. She put her homework on the back burner.
20. Put the pot on the hotplate, then turn the cooker on and wait thirty minutes until it's ready.
Cheers from Poland!
Entries by Month
Report this entry as spam
Hi! I went to a family gathering yesterday. I met my cousin who I hadn't seen for a few years. She works in England and came back to Poland to renew her passport. I had fun a lot although the meeting lasted only three hours. Then everyone went home. Fortunately, I was in time to watch the fin