Another day of the Olympics happened yesterday.
That was a really bad day for Poland.
We didn't get any medals although there was a probability to get some in canoeing and wrestling.
On top of this, the Polish volleyball team was defeated by Russia 3-0, so they lost their chance to get a medal.
Actually, there aren't many chances to win a medal in the following days.
Despite of the fact that Anita Włodarczyk, the Polish hammer thrower, won the qualifications and will try to win the women's hammer, it's actually the only likely opportunity to win a medal.
Anyway, we won another bronze medal today.
It was in canoeing.
I was learning English while the canoeing competition took place, therefore, I didn't watch it.
So far, Poland has won nine medals, which is a better result than I thought a few days ago.
I met my friend yesterday.
We met in the pub we like to hang around.
We exchanged the photos from the music event we had taken part in a week ago.
Then I ordered two beers for myself, since my friend couldn't drink because of driving his car.
We talked a little, then went home.
Now it's time to write another twenty sentences using the words I learned today.
1. I think I injured my left calf while running.
2. Man's digestive system is complex.
3,4. If he hadn't worn his shin guards while playing football last week, his shinbone would have been broken sooner or later.
5. Never hit anybody in their temple.
6. Why is your navel so deep? It looks funny.
7. My friend injured his groin during the warm-up, so he couldn't play in the match.
8. One of my best friends had one of his testicles removed after being hit very powerfully straight in it by a basketball.
9. You should cut your toenails. They look unsightly.
10. Who made the bruise on your right shoulder blade?
11. Her buttocks are impeccable.
12. Breaking the nape causes painful and quick death.
13. I can't eat ice-creams since my enamels are very sensitive and full of cavities.
14. Strangely enough, his left palm is darker than his right palm.
15. You can sprinkle the top of the sandwiches with chives, if you want.
16. I will never talk to that pawnbroker again.
17. A new pawnshop was opened on the corner the other day.
18. Have you ever worn a knuckleduster?
19. Middle finger's knuckle is bigger than the other knuckles.
20. Where did you put the box with drawing pins? I urgently need them now.
Cheers from Poland!
Entries by Month
Report this entry as spam
Hi! Another day of the Olympics happened yesterday. That was a really bad day for Poland. We didn't get any medals although there was a probability to get some in canoeing and wrestling. On top of this, the Polish volleyball team was defeated by Russia 3-0, so they lost their chance to get a med