Although I had difficulty getting up early, I rode a bike this morning.
I rode twenty-one kilometres, which was the same distance like two days ago.
Unlike two days ago, I rode a bike with pleasure today.
I didn't suffer a lot while ascending very small hills.
The weather was fine - it didn't rain, but was sunny and quite warm.
I'm going to go for a ride tomorrow as well if I feel well.
I found an amazing website with the English words I mostly don't know.
It's called "Visual Dictionary".
If you google it, you'll find it.
There are many pictures in many categories on the website, and every single picture is described using an English word.
I've already picked the food words I don't know and I'm going to learn them.
Some of them I've already learned, so I'll use them in the sentences in a moment.
So far, it has been the most helpful website for me to learn the words that I use a lot in Polish, but I don't know in English because I rarely come across them (e.g. the types of spice or the types of cheese, in terms of food).
There are still many more to learn.
I'm very glad I found it.
Now it's time to write another twenty sentences using the words I learned today.
1. Your plan was audacious, but successful.
2. As I'm not an English native speaker, I didn't understand their complex pun.
3. There aren't trolleybuses in my city.
4. If I hadn't taken my wellington boots with me, my feet would have been soaked to the skin.
5. His little brother just started riding a tricycle. In no time, he'll be able to ride an usual bike.
6. On my holiday, I met the hermit who gave me useful advice.
7. He doesn't like to sleep with a duvet. He just uses a blanket to cover himself.
8. We won't be able to paint the wall if you don't buy a paint roller.
9. Who could he forget to wear his underpants?
10. Some types of mushroom are inedible.
11. The seeds began sprouting very early, didn't they?
12. I can't imagine how much effort it costs to keep his house immaculate.
13,14,15. You can add some allspice, basil, and dill if you want.
16. She hates garlic so much that she didn't even touch the chicken her mother had roasted with two cloves of garlic in it.
17. Do you like cinnamon cornflakes?
18. She planted the poppies at the garden.
19. They don't like anise-flavoured sweets.
20. Millet is a kind of grain.
Cheers from Poland!
Entries by Month
Report this entry as spam
Hi! Although I had difficulty getting up early, I rode a bike this morning. I rode twenty-one kilometres, which was the same distance like two days ago. Unlike two days ago, I rode a bike with pleasure today. I didn't suffer a lot while ascending very small hills. The weather was fine - it didn'