I went to my nephew's birthday party yesterday.
I had fun a lot and my nephew was very happy to get so many gifts and sweets.
Actually, he was so happy that he didn't want to eat or drink anything.
He was surely over-excited.
Well, I was not surprised by it.
I wouldn't have eaten anything if I had been in his shoes.
Beautiful weather came back to my city.
It had been rainy and cold for a week, but today the weather is different.
It's sunny and hot, as it should be in summer.
The weather forecast says it will be the same like today for the next week.
This is great, such weather makes me happy.
Now it's time to write another twenty sentences using the words I learned today.
1. He was hailed a saviour after rescuing two infants from a burning house.
2. She said that breaking a collarbone had been one of the strongest pains she had ever experienced.
3. He dreamed of becoming a professional footballer, but his kneecap injury made his dream impossible.
4. Modern mincers are not as good as the old ones.
5. Could you pass me the jar?
6. The die he just threw is made from sugar cube.
7. He was hit in his breastbone by the ball and couldn't breathe for a minute.
8. The flowers have started coming into bud pretty quickly this spring, haven't they?.
9. My mobile phone's battery runs down in five hours. I should consider buying a new one.
10. She loves eating chicken-flavoured crisps.
11. There are many types of grain in the world.
12. Nowadays, mobiles phones are indispensable.
13. He should be punished for the disclosure of the recipe.
14. Who painted such hideous graffiti?
15. I've worn a gas mask once.
16. Why didn't you tell me earlier that Mark had broken the goldfish bowl? We would have been able to buy a new one.
17. Birds have bills that they use to eat.
18. My father likes eating sprats with garlic-flavoured toasts. (I mean he takes a clove of garlic, then rub it onto the toast. I don't know how to say it concisely in English.)
19. It was common to decapitate people a few hundred years ago.
20. I sometimes eat fish fingers on Fridays.
Cheers from Poland!
Entries by Month
Report this entry as spam
Hi! I went to my nephew's birthday party yesterday. I had fun a lot and my nephew was very happy to get so many gifts and sweets. Actually, he was so happy that he didn't want to eat or drink anything. He was surely over-excited. Well, I was not surprised by it. I wouldn't have eaten anything i