I love languages and I studied linguistics at university.
Any advice or candid comments on my English would be greatly appreciated so that I can improve it.
As for Dutch, I'm a beginner, so I'd like easy-to-understand corrections.
Here are some of my entries that might help Japanese learners:
- Useful Japanese Expressions for Lang-8: Level of Corrections
- Not-recommended Japanese Expressions on Lang-8
- Importance of Vowels in Japanese
- Voiced Sounds and Voiceless Sounds in Onomatopoeias
- Mnemonics for "Atsui" (hot) and "Atatakai" (warm)!
My interests in languages:
- etymology (origins of words)
- history of languages (philology)
- variety of languages (accents and dialects)
- phonology (pronunciation)
- second language acquisition
My other interests:
- Graphic design
- Renaissance and Baroque Music
- Singing (karaoke)
- Japanese TV dramas
** When you send me a friend request, please write something about yourself in your message. Thank you! **
Testimonials from My Friends
- Native language
10 / 2,257 (Dutch)